BMW Apple CarPlay Retrofit
$749.00 – $999.00
CarPlay MMI retrofit for BMW is customized for each model individually due to the different configuration of every BMW vehicle. If you wish to know more about CarPlay compatibility for your exact vehicle, please contact hotline: 03 8838 0594
Compatible with 95% of BMWs produced since 2008
Wireless Apple CarPlay
USB multimedia and charging port
Easy control with iDrive
Wireless Android Auto support
Supports Front and Rear View Camera retrofits
High-quality audio with an equalizer
Works with your existing iDrive screen (screen pictures for illustrative purposes only)
With its user-friendly and instinctive interface, CarPlay MMI makes it easy to use many of your iPhone’s apps, including Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, Tidal, Spotify, Podcasts, Messages, WhatsApp and more all on your car’s native dashboard screen. We’ve also listened to your needs and given you the option to connect your iPhone wirelessly with your car. For maximum convenience, control and switch between apps with your with your voice thanks to Siri at just a press of a button.
CarPlay MMI upgrade is compatible with E-series, F-Series, G-Series BMWs and MINIs cars with newer or older iDrive generations (e.g. CIC, ENTRY, ENTRYNAV, ENAVEVO, CHAMP2, NBT, NBT EVO ID4, NBT EVO ID5/ID6 etc.). It also features Android Auto which you can use on your iDrive screen either wirelessly or with the MMI’s USB port. If your phone supports wireless Android Auto, you can definitely enjoy the wireless capability. However, in case your phone is not compatible you’ll still be able to use the Android Auto via USB as long as you have the Android Auto app installed.
– Wireless CarPlay capability
– USB multimedia and charging port
– Full-Screen Mode
– Easy control with iDrive
– Wireless Android Auto support
– Integration with Front and Rear View Cameras
– High-quality audio with an equalizer
1. Wireless Capability
– CarPlay MMI lets you connect your iPhone wirelessly. It only takes one wireless pairing of your iPhone and CarPlay MMI to help the the MMI recognize your iPhone each time you get in your car and connect wirelessly, without you even having to remove your phone from your pocket or bag. When using CarPlay you’ll be able to answer calls just like with a Bluetooth hands-free connection.
– If you’d rather connect your iPhone with the use of cable, you are also free to do so. CarPlay MMI supports both wired and wireless phone connections.
2. USB multimedia and charging port
– Our CarPlay solution comes with a USB port. It lets you charge your iPhone on longer drives, or you can use it for playing videos and music on your iDrive Screen from a USB thumb drive.
– The MMI’s USB port can also be used in the future for software updates. So, if you won’t be using it for charging or multimedia playback – make sure to place it in an accessible location.
3. Full-Screen Mode
– CarPlay MMI lets you use all your favorite CarPlay-compatible iPhone apps on the original BMW display in full-screen. The retrofit’s 1280×480 resolution for big screens and 800×480 resolution for small screens look great on all screen sizes.
Note that in MINIs with a rounded screen, a small part of each corner of the CarPlay interface will be obscured when using full-screen mode.
– The Full-Screen mode also includes a Screen Mirroring option, which lets you cast the screen of your mobile device onto the BMW’s display, and stream audio through the car speakers. iPhones mirror wirelessly, while Android phones require a cable connection.
– Please note that mirroring of some apps or content using the Screen Mirroring feature may be blocked due to the copyright-holder’s DRM. BimmerTech is not responsible for the continued compatibility of any third-party apps with CarPlay MMI.
4. Easy control with iDrive
– To navigate the CarPlay apps, you can use Siri or the iDrive controller. In some vehicles there’s also the option of control with steering wheel buttons, but keep in mind that it is dependent on your head unit version. Decode your VIN to see whether it will be enabled for your car.
5. Wireless Android Auto support
– The kit contains a Multimedia Interface (MMI) — a module that also adds Android Auto to your BMW. So if you have family members or friends with Android smartphones, connecting their devices will be a breeze too!
– To enjoy Android Auto wirelessly your phone has to support the wireless Android Auto. If it doesn’t, you’ll still be able to use the Android Auto via USB – just make sure you have the Android Auto app installed.
6. Integration with Front and Rear View Cameras
– The MMI module makes it easy to add front and reversing cameras to your order for a much lower price. The front view camera can easily be activated by holding the Option button for 2 seconds. To exit camera mode, just press Back. It can also be set up to appear automatically for up to 20 seconds when shifting from Reverse to Drive.
7. High-quality audio with an equalizer
– The audio output circuit in the CarPlay MMI has been specifically selected to squeeze all the quality we can out of the iDrive AUX input, providing great audio quality for music, streaming and calls. If If your vehicle is not equipped with an AUX input in Media/Radio, we’ll have to code it. Enter your VIN for more details.
8. Other features:
– CarPlay MMI supports devices running iOS up to version 14;
– Play music through the BMW stereo system with the help of the AUX input.
– Our CarPlay retrofit also uses the factory car microphone for Siri voice commands; This means that you can access your iTunes library, learn the latest news or send texts hands-free. For this feature to work, your BMW has to have Bluetooth or Voice Control;
– The installation is completely plug & play and 100% reversible but depending on your head unit it may be either very easy or a bit more complicated. To check how to install CarPlay MMI in your BMW decode your VIN.
– BMW 1 Series: Convertible E88 (2006-2013), Coupé E82 (2006-2013), 3-door Hatchback E81 (2006-2011), 5-door Hatchback E87 (2006-2011), 5-door Hatchback F20 (2010-2018), 3 – door Hatchback F21(2010 – 2018), Sedan F52 (2015-2018);
– BMW 2 Series: Active Tourer F45 (2013-2018), Convertible F23 (2014-2018), Coupe F22 (2012-2018), Coupe M2 F87 (2014-2018), Grand Tourer F46 (2014-2018);
– BMW 3 Series: Coupe E92 (2005-2013), Convertible E93(2005 – 2013), Gran Turismo F34(2012 – 2018), Sedan E90(2004 – 2012), Sedan F30(2011 – 2018), Sedan F35(2011 – 2018), Sedan M3 F80(2012 – 2018), Touring E91 (2004 – 2012), Touring F31(2011 – 2018);
– BMW 4 Series: Convertible F33(2013 – 2017), Coupé F32 (2012-2018), Gran Coupé F36 (2013-2018), M4 Convertible F83 (2013-2018), M4 Coupé F82 (2013-2018);
– BMW 5 Series: Gran Turismo F07 (2008-2017), Sedan E60 (2001-2010), Sedan F10 (2009-2016), Sedan G30 (2015-2018), Sedan M5 F90 (2016-2018), Touring G31 (2016-2018), Wagon E61 (2002-2010), Wagon F11 (2009-2017);
– BMW 6 Series: Convertible E64 (2002-2010), Convertible F12 (2009-2018), Coupé E63 (2002-2010), Coupé F13 (2010-2015), Gran Coupé F06 (2011-2018), Gran Turismo G32 (2016-2018), Gran Turismo G32 (2017-2020);
– BMW 7 Series: Hybrid F04 (2008-2012), Long Sedan E66 (2000-2008), Long Sedan E67 (2002-2008), Long Sedan F02 (2007-2015), Long Sedan F03 (2008-2012), Long Sedan G12 (2014-2018), Sedan E65 (2000-2008), Sedan F01 (2007-2015), Sedan G11 (2014-2018), Sedan G12 (2015-2020);
– BMW I3 Series: I01 (2013-2018);
– BMW X1 Series: Crossover E84 (2008-2015), Crossover F48 (2014-2018), Crossover F49 (2014-2018);
– BMW X2 Series: SUV F39 (2016-2018);
– BMW X3 Series: SUV E83 (2003-2010), SUV F25 (2009-2017), SUV G01 (2016-2018);
– BMW X4 Series: Crossover F26 (2013-2018), SUV G02 (2019-2020);
– BMW X5 Series: SUV E70 (2006-2013), SUV F15 (2012-2018), SUV F85 (2013-2018), SUV G05 (2019-2020);
– BMW X6 Series: Crossover E71 (2007-2014), Crossover F16 (2013-2018), Crossover M F86 (2013-2018), Hybrid E72 (2008-2011), SUV G06 (2020-2020);
– BMW Z4 Series: Roadster E89 (2008-2016), Roadster G29 (2019-2020);
– Mini: Clubman F54, F55, F56, Convertible F57, Countryman F60, Paceman R60, Paceman R61;
– BMW 8 Series: Convertible G14 (2019-2020), Coupe G15 (2019-2020);
– BMW X7 Series: SUV G07 (2019-2020);
– BMW I3 series: I3 (I01),